Monday, April 18, 2011

okay okay

I confess that there are some normal people in El Paso Texas.
dancers are more or less the same around the world.
and I guess the same is true of philsophers
but if the theater at Zrkadlovy Haj in Petrzalka, Bratislava is old and run down
from lack of funds
and if it is even dusty
(as it was four years ago or so when I was there)
that's because the government doesn't care about the arts....

but in El Paso TExas
i f the "XXXXXX" is dirty and dusty,
why is that?
It is supposed to be a private enterprise? (Not that I am a fan of making
everything business...)

And if I am walking or dancing in a dirty, dusty space, I am thinking
"How much like Eastern Europe"

I like the place they call "Eastern Europe"; I have friends there.
But, when people in the USA use the phrase "Eastern Europe" they mean something
a little different than I do, so when I say that the "XXXXXX" reminds me of
Eastern EUrope, that is not such a big insult as people might think.

But on the other hand, it is also true that they might not like to hear the simple
fact that the dirt and dust I see around the XXXXXXX really is what you would
expect to see in a theater/art establishment in Eastern Europe, an establishment
which saw a better day , in the past during what they call "communism"

I won't put in a link to the so-called XXXXX, an artistic/cultural center in EPTX
because I don't want to have problems
Can I say it: you can have nice people in a not so nice place,
but really, if you haven't lived in a place, you just don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment