Sunday, April 17, 2011

driving is unpleasant

When I hear someone talk about enjoying driving, or some idiot tv commercial suggest as much,
I find this incomprehensible--much as if someone I met for the first time at a party said,
"Oh, in my spare time I like to chew and swallow pieces of glass.....broken bottles and that sort of thing.."

In the first place, just getting into the car is unpleasant.
I've got to bend over and crawl in.

Then the roof almost hits my head and it's too damn close even when I'm sitting there.

Actual vision is very limited.

THe space feels crowded.

Then nothing is every within easy access.
My father's car actually has a superfluous number of buttons and gauges,
undoubtedly an excuse for raising the price....

So, sitting is unpleasant.

Things fall onto the floor or between the seats....

And I won't even begin to discuss the actual activity of driving. Not now.
I am already in a bad mood, and thinking of the drive I have to make today is making it worse.

GMOOH

No comments:

Post a Comment