Monday, April 25, 2011

irritating false friendliness

Hey friend! Now it's time for you to make your yearly visit!

(ok, that's not an exact quote; but, that is, I am sure you get the idea, the gist, the rotten core of the apple...)

Slow down a minute! My father got a postcard from a local business
that inspects cars...

Recall that (as has been pointed out by Erik Olin Wright and Joel Rogers) vehicle inspection
is a kind of TAX....

So, this business which makes a profit from vehicle inspection is addressing my father
in this phoney-friendly way.... is really a kind of TAXMAN, a tribute collector,
a.k.a., a sort of thief....

And that Phoney-Friendly Style (oh so USA!) Makes me want to throw up

They are not my friend or his friend. They just want the money....

And that is very common in this country..... (a deal for you! as a special customer!--you and 500,ooo other "special" customers......)

I know that some Americans take pride in this informality, but I also supect they've never realized that it's got nothing to do with democracy or social justice--as this society is exteremely un-democratic and is a textbook study on a zillion levels of social injustice....

No comments:

Post a Comment