Sunday, May 15, 2011

why stay?

I have heard the voices, "Why stay? -- It's a free country!"

I'm really not in the mood to fully analyze the stupidity implied by that remark.
It's like asking a person living next to a nuclear disaster: Why don't you move? It's a free country! etc.

But a brief, if inadequate answer: No, the USA is not a free country. (I.e., Not in the relevant sense) People are enslaved by their IPOD's and other devices.
The wealth is not fairly shared. People are robbed and enslaved from the day they are born until the day they die. "Upward mobility" is a myth, a lie. But to say all of that adequately and fully would require more time than I have available. Nonetheless, it may give you some idea as to why I regard talk of "freedom" as simply uninformed, hence stupid or ignorant.,

However I will say the following:

Someday my mother may fall down,
and she won't be able to get up again by herself;
If I'm not there no one else will help her.

Someday my father will fall down,
and he won't be able to get up again without help;
If I'm not there to help him,
no one else will.

File that under: "How much respect do the elderly really get in the country that spends more of its wealth on killing people than any other country?"



No comments:

Post a Comment