Wednesday, May 25, 2011

obnoxious El Paso (neighbors)

Nine in the morning
and the neighbor
is outside making noise
with power tools.....

I don't share the value (so-called) of "home ownership"
as the blurb for an academic book once put it...

I thought about buying the book since it seems to point out the disadvantages of suburbia,
but then I didn't think I could stomach it (living as I do surrounded by the madness of it all) or
even for a minute listen to the pretense that any of this stuff makes sense (unless one is deaf, dumb, blind, and totally lacking in imagination)

Call me uncharitable. But, better yet, do something about the asshole next door.....

GMOOH

you want an argument? OK, try this: Why should his desire for trimmed shrubbery---plants not native to the region and requiring excessive importation of water--be given higher priority than my desire for quiet? In suburbia capitalist consumption (buying power tools, e.g. or dogs) is always given priority over anything else. Suburbia is a consumerist hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment