Thursday, May 5, 2011

another bleak day

another bleak day dawns
there will be no cooling rains
and i will not have to leap over puddles to climb onto the number nine tram

but then I'm not sure that's the right number anyway
I mean if I wanted to shop at a monstrosity of a mall blighting the rows of apartment blocks
at the other end of the downtown

a comfortable distance it seems to me now
as I contemplate the lengthy drives in my very own climate-destroying monstrosity
needed to attend a similar monstrosity in this dark desert

it was a safe place however
safe from prying eyes
the owners did not like people to photograph it
and the beefy security guards followed orders diligently
even if they had not succeeded in murdering a renowned bad guy

but we shall have none of that in this land of monster trucks
burning sun
and climate catastrophe

No comments:

Post a Comment