Monday, May 30, 2011

For the Indignant

For the Indignant:

You are indignant--Fed up with lies.

Your eyes shine brighter than all the police shields and all the police helmets.

You refuse to use their weapons--Violence and lies.


The truth unites you.

The truth frightens them.

The truth frightens their police.

Their police,

Their guns,

And their money

cannot defeat you.


The world sees you,

and the world shares your hope.

The world hears you,

and nods in agreement.


What they call “order” is disorder,

what they call "politics" has no polite name,

and our common humanity lives despite their lies,

--despite their childish tricks,

translating “indignation” as "anger"--

When you rejected their tool:

Violence.


We have seen it all before

And we don’t believe the lies.


I turn my eyes toward Spain,

and I smile.

I turn toward Spain,

and I wave:

I am sending you an embrace,

I am sending you my love and my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment