Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dear Blue Cross Blue Shield

Dear Blue Cross Blue Shield,

My mother woke today at 6 in the morning. She was unable to sleep because of pain.

I hold you responsible.

She and I have been trying to obtain the needed pain medicine now for more than a week.
I have spelled out the details below.

However, you together with Walgreens have not held up your end of the bargain.

My mother is eighty-four years old and she deserves more than you are providing by way of help. Although, of course, I would say the same thing if she were forty-four years old.

There is, however, one difference: as an older person she has less energy to fight for her rights, and less energy to defend herself. It is a barbaric society which via its institutions puts the weaker members of a society in a position where they must actually fight to obtain basic medical care.

No comments:

Post a Comment