Thursday, June 7, 2012

No freedom of info in capitalist USA

My mother has a friend who wears a medical alert bracelet. Apparently the thing is too sensitive and goes off too easily. Something like five times it has gone off and that is a nuisance.  Within one month or one year?  My mother could not say, but her friend was complaining that it is a nuisance?


 How common is that malfunction?  How many false positives do these bracelets produce?  I would say we have a right to know, but all of the info on the web is advertising, which naturally doesnt answer that sort of question. 


When I asked the visiting nurse today, she knew nothing about this problem. Well if you recommend something, you should know, shouldn't you?  (And she had just made a recommendation, or, at any rate, a suggestion.....) Damn right. Another case of the problem noted here before with health care in tnis country--- not my job, not my job description
And don't tell me she was trying to avoid a lawsuit or avoid endorsing a product.  That is irrelevant.  The point is that I am not getting the information I need to help my parents.  And that is a problem with the system in the USA!  She may be acting rationally, but the end result is that we are not getting the information we need.


That sort of stupidity is fully compatible with Auschwitz- type behavior.....incidentally, the same nurse suggested I go to television for more "info."! ---Now,  that really is stupid.....TV is nothing but adverts....It is not a reliable source of information!


I will stop now because I am getting angry thinking of the stupidity and exploitation that is taken for granted in this moronic country....


I want to stress:  There is nothing by way of independent information about these bracelets.  Everything I found on the web is advertising.   And the nurse knows nothing, and had never even thought about this possible problem.  Call this country:  the land of the lost....


Note
Of course, there was recently a man murdered in his home because his emergency bracelet mal-functioned (and because he was black, and cops are racists...)
http://www.democracynow.org/2012/3/29/killed_at_home_white_plains_ny

No comments:

Post a Comment