Thursday, June 7, 2012

email to a manager/nurse at a "home care" company


Dear XXXX,
I am not one of your employees.  (Thank God!)

And I understand that a manager's lot is not a rosy one.  I know that managers face pressures too, but managers
have a special level of responsibility.  With their added power comes greater responsibility. And I doubt whether
you have realized that.

Yesterday, you gave me an order to purchase pill boxes for my parents.  You have a fancier name for them, but
I am sure you will understand what I a mean.

I complied----and spent time and effort finding what you want.  Moreover, they were not free or even cheap.

But, now I've got to go back to the store and ask for my money back.  They are inferior to the free version
which was provided by the nurse who visited today, YYYYY.

Why did you not know that it was unnecessary for me to rush out and purchase them?  And "rush out" is
the right word.  You insisted I had to buy them before YYYY came today.  But that was your mistake!

And, believe me, I did not need that added demand upon my time on that day!

How dare you boss people around when you don't know what you are talking about!

Secondly, you set up a meeting time that conflicted with the regular staff at your company.
We had to solve that problem with XXXX.

Great, you try to solve problems.  You get credit for that.  But you don't do your research first.

Please try to think things through before you act!

Don't do this to me again!

Okay, we will now get our med's organized by XXXX.  Maybe that was your idea. And it is a very good idea.
But XXXX will be doing the actual work.  And even if I give you credit for suggesting it, by my count,
that makes you one out of three for success.

Sincerely  yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment