Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Cruelty and Heedlessness of Visiting Nurse Supervisors, the Inadequacy of Medicare, and the ruthlessness of the ruling class....

For the past hour or so, I have attempted to sit down and do some writing, reading, and thinking---the sort of work I am most competent to do...


And I have been interrupted numerous times...


--my father needed me to re-charge his electric razor.


--my mother wanted to complain that the mail carrier had  written on one letter, "no mailbox' and then added the date.


The claim that we have "no mailbox" is, in fact, not true.
and the story behind this annoyance is illustrative of the way my time here is destroyed by a thousand small, idiotic activities.


Two years ago, or so, my parents had a mailbox perhaps five or six feet off the ground, on the exterior of a fence surrounding their patio.  I moved that mailbox to a lower location inside the fence in order to make it accessible to my now eighty-six year old mother.  Prior to that, my mother was engaging in dangerous activities to reach the higher box.  Remember that for the frail elderly a fall can be fatal.


I have also word-processed a notice for mail carriers: "Attention Mail Carrier" in which I explain where the mailbox is now located.


What happened?  I imagine the mail carrier was in a hurry and did not see the message---or noticed it but did not read it.


Why was the mail carrier in a hurry?  The elites that run the USA would like to destroy unions.  The postal workers have a union,and so, they are under pressure.


In the meantime, I've got to waste my time with such inanities.


As for the other problem.


--My mother complained about an insurance bill.


As it turns out, there was a mistake, made by the insurance company.
However, the cause of it all was the disruption caused to our household by a VISITING NURSE SUPERVISOR---ten days ago.


Please allow me to repeat the point:  Ten days ago, a nurse supervisor entered our home without adequate prior warning, and engaged in rude behavior, disrupting the household, and setting in action a chain of events which continues to create problems today.


I am still paying for the chaos said "nurse" supervisor created.  In brief, I shall be force to make a third, additional trip to my parents' insurance agent, to correct a mistake made because the so-called-Nurse-Supervisor disrupted our lives.  That means I shall have lost a minimum of an hour's time spent traveling and talking, not to mention the irritation. ---Irritation because, once again, I shall have to launch into an explanation with not very helpful employees of the insurance company, and assuage my mother's anxieties.  Note well:  These disruptions cause anxiety for me and my mother----and that is the evil fruit of the Visiting Nurse Supervisor's visit. 


And, let's not forget why she was here doing damage:  because "Medicare" required it.  But "Medicare" is itself little more than a name for evil men who manage the money which my parents and others like them contributed during their working lives.  


How dare I call them "evil"?  They are not evil as is the mythical Satan.  But, they are evil in the only way a human being can be:  They cause unnecessary suffering, and they do not give adequate thought to the consequences of their actions.


About Medicare:  Note well, the creeps who run the USA would like to get rid of it.  But, even as it is, it is not good enough. It does not give people what they need and deserve.


"Visiting Nurse Supervisor" in contemporary American does  not mean someone who visits the home to care for the elderly or sick; rather it means someone who visits the home to be annoying and set up an irritating chain of events.


Am I wrong to suggest she intended to create chaos?  Well, she probably did not have it in mind, but she also did not have it in mind to avoid creating chaos.  She was going to do "her job'----very narrowly defined---and she did not care whose toes she stepped on or what harmful (for us) consequences resulted.  She was heedless and arrogant.  Not at all kind or gentle.....


After-thought
One might simply say that once a Nurse becomes a manager (a "supervisor') she ceases to be a nurse.  So, too, a teacher who becomes a manager...

No comments:

Post a Comment