Sunday, June 17, 2012

Medicare

I understand very well that the capitalist class would like to destroy Medicare, public education, and eliminate any rights for workers in the workplace. And I believe that so long as there is a capitalist class, there will be no true democracy. Nevertheless, Medicare, as it currenly exists, is inadequate. It should be more generous. For years when I was in Europe, my mother complained about pain--- and that pain prevented her from doing routine housekeeping. Hence, when I arrived here three tears ago, I stepped into a deteriorating position. Things have slightly stabilized, but we continue to be faced with problems left over from the many years when my mother received no help. And even today, the help she receives is inadequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment