Saturday, June 23, 2012

convicted (without trial) of villainy


Being my sister,
my elder sister,
shares with me,
the same mother.


And she, 
(my sister, not my mother)
though sharing with me,
has convicted me of treason and villainy.


She won’t speak to me or discuss it.
No need for that!
She knows my deepest thoughts and feelings,
knows my mind,
from my actions,
which,
incidentally, 
she need not see,
in person.


After all, 
Her husband’s wisdom,
fills in every missing detail,
when he hears my sister say,
what my mother said I’ve done.


My sister shares with me a common mother,
But,
she cannot see the harm she does by hating me.


If the President of the USA uses his secret armies,
to capture, torture and imprison,
for crimes unspoken and not existing,
my sister merely mimics him.


That's just the way it is in the land of hierarchy:
those at the bottom imitate those at the top.


So, if my sister convicts me without trial,
without evidence, 
and on the basis of what she's imagined,
I really shouldn't be surprised.



No comments:

Post a Comment