Saturday, April 7, 2012

No Luddites here?

If a young woman takes pleasure in talking about her car....
If the conversation inevitably turns to cars,......

Well, how much time do these people actually waste talking about and thinking about their cars?

I've gotten the impression that if someone sees me in a parking lot with my father's car,
they've already made countless judgments about who I am.

--And that disturbs me.  It makes me want to throw up.  You are going to decide who I am because I am driving this car?

I call that a sick society.

More illnesses:

Old men who are obsessed with machines of war....machines for killing.....
Who seem to worship these airplanes and missiles (not to mention guns)...

Idolatry

A perverse way to spend a brain....

Not to love poetry or dance or music,

but to obsess about machines for killing, or polluting......

This is a sick country.

No comments:

Post a Comment