Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Internet Crowding

I just want to register a protest, a complaint, I just want to shout at the top of my lungs about the worthlessness of the internet.
Progress?
Progress?
Make me laugh!

Any internet page I know of is full of too much stuff.  (That includes this page.)
You cannot take it all in at a glance.
You miss something.
Inevitably.

Why is that so?  Why must every page be like that?

Compared to that, the average page of a book is refreshingly uncluttered.

The internet has made my life better?  No, really not at all.  I can imagine hundreds of ways my life could be better, without the internet.....

(An easy reaction to the above:  But you are using the internet now! ---- Yeah, and right now I have no job, no room of my own, no privacy, and also no friends within three thousand miles......So, what kind of life do I really have?  Oh, great, I can look at pictures of real people in Facebook.  Actually facebook makes me want to throw up; it's so useless.....)))  ((And before I had daily access to the internet, I had all of those things.--friends, a job, a life-----....that's the sort of difference the Internet has made to my life.....))

Thinking of books:  that's why they have tables of contents......Yet, for the internet, the idea has been tossed out.  And that's supposed to be progress?

No comments:

Post a Comment