Thursday, April 12, 2012

fuck the automobile

fuck the automobile
fuck the auto industry
do I want to spend the rest of my life sitting in a god damn car for two hours a day?
Hell NO!

get me out of here!

Objection:  Are you crazy?  Do you want to put people out of work?
No, I don't wish harm towards the people who work in Detroit...
On the contrary, I just wish that they would spend their time making public transport
---trams, or "light rail" instead of personally piloted vehicles of climate destruction.

By all means, I think workers in Detroit (those who currently make cars) deserve more
pay, better benefits, and the ability to run the business---aka democracy in the workplace.

And I would try to convince them that they should not make automobiles, but buses,
trams, trains---- in short a genuine system of public transit.....

In fact, what's needed here is that the entire society, all of its productive resources, be
in the hands of working people, and that the purpose of production should be real
human needs----not the profits of the few......(And don't stop with one society.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment