Sunday, July 22, 2012

Review

Time for a mid-year review...
What have we learned about El Paso, Texas?


The residents are assholes.  E.g., they think nothing of playing music (thump-thump-thump) loudly until four in the morning...(as one "neighbor" did last night)....


each one lives in his individual house, with his individual dog, and his individual fence.....Or perhaps, they live in family units, and each adult has a large truck (and a dog?)....


Heaven forbid that you walk anywhere in El Paso, Texas after dark......
As I just did..... to mail a letter...


Dogs will bark at you and cars driving by will shine their brightest lights on you....


Sidebar:
Message for drivers of personally-piloted vehicles of climate destruction:
A pedestrian is really an ordinary person, just like you----except that we are not in a truck/car.


We have no especially strong desire to commit suicide by jumping in front of your vehicle. Just because I am a pedestrian that does not mean I want to die from lack of car.


Nor am I any sort of danger to you.  On the contrary, as you are protected by god-knows-how-many
pounds of steel and glass, you are rather more of a danger to me than I am to you.


Ergo, there is no need for you to swiftly navigate your vehicle as far away from me as possible


Neither is their any reason to shine your brightest lights on me.  There's nothing you need to
see that you can't see with ordinary headlights.  (God knows they are bright enough by themselves.)


No comments:

Post a Comment