Wednesday, July 4, 2012

deeply resentful

Yes, it's true.  Earlier this day I did recall (with resentment) that whilst a graduate student I had to work weekends.....Ahh, but I did get my degree.  Yes, and I have had precarious employment ever since.

Summer?  I am beginning to get a knot in my stomach over that word---much as I used to feel annoyance, anger and embarrassment when others used to discuss their weekends.....

(No, I don't think I missed that much; but there is a deeper issue here.)

Summer?  Summer reading?  I'm lucky if I do any reading at all, living as I do with two noisy elderly people.  My mother routinely shouts at my going-deaf father.  The phone rings frequently.  (My younger sister is bored and can think of nothing better to do.)  Then, there are my daily chores.

How can I even tell it is summer? Because it says so at various blogs.  Or, because the weather has become not just hot (the norm) but insanely and unpleasantly and oppressively hot.

And, yes, best of all:  the water pump for the AC is (once again, just like last year) broken and the hall carpet is wet.

GMOOH!

Oh, yes, let's celebrate freedom!  (ha ha ha)
Link to C.Bertram on the lack of freedom in the USA workplace:
http://crookedtimber.org/2012/07/01/let-it-bleed-libertarianism-and-the-workplace/
"Let It Bleed: Libertarianism and the Workplace"  by CHRIS BERTRAM on JULY 1, 2012 (at "Crooked Timber")

No comments:

Post a Comment