Friday, July 13, 2012

First Principles

As I've said many times, I want the best for my parents.  I don't want to get on the airplane, worrying about whether they are safe.

However, I also want a life.  And, in that I think I am only normal.

The truth is that a system which forces a person to choose between having a life of their own and taking care of their elderly parents is a bad system.

Indeed, I will go further:  a system which puts profits before people is a system which grants power to a small number ( the proverbial "one percent" if you will).  It is an unjust, unfair, cruel system.

It is a system whose existence is a mockery of words like "freedom" or "democracy".

But even a person who disagrees with all that diagnosis could agree that the important thing is to see that my parents are safe, and well cared for.......

corrected 11 September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment