Tuesday, February 22, 2011

how dare you!

the voice of conscience?

I seem to hear a voice in my head speaking:
How dare you say people in El Paso are unfriendly!
You don't know anyone and you never go out!

hmmmm.........

Can I still this irritating voice?Yes, that's so true. I can't go out often, and the only time I see people they are
surrounded by glass, steel, plastic, and are moving swiftly, and I conceive them
only as a potential threat to me, irritating me with their bright headlights
illuminating the dark streets.....

People in El Paso only go into public spaces with the protection provided by their climate destroying vehicles; but that's not my preference. I'd rather live in a place with public transport.....

Yes, it is hard to meet people when they are always in their metal/plastic cocoons..... but, I say it again: the ambience of the personal climate destroying vehicle is an unfriendly one....
obviously unnoticed by those who believe there is no other way to live....

No comments:

Post a Comment