Friday, February 4, 2011

gecu.mail.com--name and shame

petty crime:
I've gotten about thirty sms's from these bastards:

gecu.mail.com

apparently it's connected to a phone call I got this morning....

Should be a law against that sort of thing....

(another case where the government, such as it is, does not serve the people....?)

Note:
just found out the real "gecu" doesn't do this


Thought;
Don't tell me it's impossible to stop this sort of crap. I don't believe you.
Why?
It's actually possible to stop mobile phone theft, but companies don't bother. (or so I have
read....)
((Ahhh, yes I am drawing an analogy about how the world works..... what? you don't like my analogy? Well, I don't like the way the world works.))

An (other) After-Thought:
It just occurred to me that while I lived in Central Europe (mostly Slovakia and briefly Austria) I never (NEVER) received thirty junk messages... or even two.....Might it possibly be that legislators in the United States are making different laws than they have in ?Europe?
(I happened to be in Austria a while back--about six seven months ago---and at that
time they were arguing about whether to allow Google to go around taking pictures of buildings.....I liked that. I don't think that Google Earth should have been allowed, e.g., to photograph my father's house without his permission....
But the general point is this: many things that residents of the USA take for granted are not inevitable or universal... (and my further point is that many such things are also not even good.,....

No comments:

Post a Comment