Saturday, February 19, 2011

hating El Paso Weather

I realize that for people who live in cloudy, rainy, Central Europe, the prospect
of living in a place where the sun shines most of the time must sound like
HEAVEN.

But for me it's HELL!

I see few benefits from El Paso's weather and many disadvantages---starting
with the over-abundant local propaganda about "our good weather"..(sic)...

A couple of weeks ago, it was cold, and the city was completely unprepared.

Now it is hot, windy, and dry.

The houses here are cheaply constructed because El Paso is "so warm".

Streets don't have proper drainage because "it never rains in El Paso".

I suffer from the dry climate. The skin on the end of my fingers is cut and
bleeding--as if someone had taken a razor blade and cut the skin.

The heating system works by forcing hot air onto the ceiling. It is not steam heat.
It dries out the air, and (best of all) it begins by blowing cold air (like an air conditioner)
before the warmer air comes out of the vents......

No, I get tired of hearing about the "good" weather. I don't fancy getting skin cancer.
The sun and lack of precipitation encourages
the local truck lovers to contribute to climate change/global destruction... I don't call the weather good because it
provides a dry path for my personally piloted monster truck--that's not the criterion I would use--but it does seem to be what people have in mind when they speak of "good weather"--good for driving the truck....

No, you will hear no good words from me about El Paso or its weather.....

No comments:

Post a Comment