Wednesday, February 2, 2011

eptx

el paso texas
what a miserable place
a little bit of snow and everyone goes crazy

Dear EPTX:
okay, get used to it
global warming is coming
climate change is here

Today my eighty-something father was owed two professional visits:
first the nurse's aid who should have bathed him, and secondly
the nurse who is supposed to monitor his health (which she does once a week).

Those two women play an important role in my father's weekly routine.
Neither was here Monday when they were scheduled to appear.
The nurse's aid phoned up on Monday to re-schedule.
The nurse did not.

Neither is well paid.
Yet both contribute more by way of real contribution to society and economy
than many wall street traders, politicians, and Hollywood stars ....
What an absurdity.
To get the very minimal care my father receives, a person must
travel by car from the other side of town.
I hear that they pay for their own gas too.
That is a bullshit system, the USA system which I call a We-Don't-Care-About-Your-Health-System....
No, I don't really have anything good to say at this particular moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment