Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My BLOK D nightmare continues..............

rumble rumble rumble
I hear the wheels and the rumbling of the cleaning lady's cart.......


|My Blok D Nightmare


Last month I paid 7,700 Czech Crowns for what is, in effect, a modest (but noisy) apartment.  (Not a luxury apartment---a small, recently painted, clean, but very noisy apartment, where I have no privacy and am inspected when I come or go---inspected by a woman sitting at the front door behind a glass booth.....)

It is clean, but it does not actually have a stove---only a hotplate.
But it is a two-room apartment.

For the price, I could easily rent a decent private flat. (If I had the time to look.....)
But, to add insult to injury (to add Capitalist greed/austerity to a communist lack of privacy plus communist austerity) I've just learned that I can't even have an overnight guest---unless I pay more!
That minimum level of privacy is not available to me----even though I paid 7,700 Crowns.

They figure that two students could live in this room--after all, it's got two (primitive) beds---and they are (therefore) losing money when I'm here all by myself!

Two students because it's got two beds!---two primitve communist beds accompanied by TOO SHORT inadequate bed clothes---I often wake up at six am with cold feet because the periny do not cover my feet---- not to mention the TINY COMMUNIST AUSTERITY bath towels!

The worst possible combination: Capitalist austerity/greed plus never-dying communist habits!

Heaven forbid the University should miss a chance to make a couple of extra crowns from a student or teacher! Now that would be a crime!
 
What a bunch of *****!!!!!**** cheapskates!

No comments:

Post a Comment