Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I can't sleep

I can't sleep, And I can't think. Tho the two are connected, they do occur at different times. At night I don't so much think as drift between thoughts, And I am never sure what I am thinking or what I feel, Though I am damn sure it is not a warm body in bed with me. I cannot think more than half a thought and I want to scream, Keep your capitalism out of my life! I cannot calm down and read half a page because the phone rings, And my father fumbles with the phone. And I hope he gets it right this time. And then my sister's voice answers him. Today at least she was in a tolerable, even pleasant mood.--- but why the hell am I listening to all of this when I need to read or write or become someone. But now I've got to get out of my chair to make lunch, And make sure my father hasn't fallen out of his, And, yes, I am tense again, and cannot think half a thought again. And now I really can't sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment