Saturday, May 19, 2012

bad food--a USA trademark.....

I've written before about how the food in this country (the USA) is extremely low quality.
Nothing is fresh.
In El Paso, Texas, so far as I can tell, it is impossible (e.g.) to buy fresh mushrooms.
(By contrast in Bratislava, Slovakia---which is 17 of the 18 Euro countries in terms of income---I could always find fresh mushrooms......And that's just one example...)


And I've complained about the inferior, low quality apples sold by Albertson's----and sold as
"fresh" when they are not.


Well, I've just eaten a totally shit apple that I purchased at Wal Mart. Not fresh. Not juicy.  Not tasty.
What did they do to it?  How did they destroy it in this way?  Did they freeze it and then thaw it out?  They should be ashamed.  (But, of course, they are not.)


It is disgusting!
el paso is disgusting,
and capitalism is disgusting!


gmooh!


After-thoughts:
There are, of course, several sub-problems here.  First, maybe people have actually gotten used to crap food.


Secondly, do I expect to get fresh food year round? Yes, I do---but I do not expect to have any one food
food year round.  I would prefer to have food in season.  I can live with not having apples year round if I ever had them fresh----which currently I don't......  There is much insanity about the local grocery stores---for example the idea of displaying things in enormous quantities which suggests a kind of abundance which, in fact there is not.  What's the good of having so many apples on display when all of them are crap?  And, in any case, by displaying mass quantities, it suggests that these are mere commodities.


There is something fundamentally disrespectful---to life and food and culture----about capitalist grocery stores.


Nothing is merely a commodity; and that's another reason to get rid of capitalism once and for all....


(It so happens that I expressed some of my dissatisfaction with the food here recently, in front of several  clerks at Wal Mart...and they all smiled and laughed as if it were all a joke.  What the hell is wrong with  them?!!!??***) GMOOH

No comments:

Post a Comment