Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hopeless

I don't have   a space of my own.  I don't have a place where I can be comfortable,
read and write and think, free from interruption.

Without that I am not alive. Without that my life is at most a half or a quarter life.

Then when I hear about how things are better now than they were in the 1950's or 1960's....
(as Noam Chomsky repeatedly tells us), I just want to throw up.  I can't see that my life is better now than it was when I lived in Bratislava.(roughly 1996-2008-with breaks---followed by a year in Vienna, when my life was also better than now.

And when Amy Goodman insists upon talking about "hope", I really begin to throw up.

I can see no cause for hope.

Goodman is making a contribution, but there is often a lack of rigor in her broadcasts......a certain sloppiness within the lines of thoughts.

Hope? No, I have none.  Hope about this country? Certainly not!

Get rid of you TV?  Yes, that's a good idea.  Maybe a little less internet too....

No comments:

Post a Comment