Friday, March 2, 2012

The Meanness of the USA

"Mean", i.e., stingy... not generous...

When I was in Slovakia, I did require hospitalization.  I was in the hospital for thirteen days.  It cost me nothing.

Recently my mother made a visit to a hospital for minor surgery.  She was there for half a day.  The bill was 22,000 US dollars.  (As she has insurance, she does not have to pay that sum.)

The USA pays more per capita for health care than any other country.  Nonetheless, there are about twenty-five countries where people live longer.  (In those twenty-five countries health care costs less.)

And Slovakia?  I believe there are eighteen countries in the Eurozone.  If my memory serves me correctly, then Slovakia is number seventeen in terms of average monthly income of its citizens......So, Slovakia is not a rich country.  Slovakia is not Switzerland or Germany or Sweden.....


No comments:

Post a Comment