Saturday, March 24, 2012

kapitalisticke svinstvo!

I had to drive 13 miles to the library, the library at the local university.
The for-profit, neo-liberal mentality is everywhere.
In the center of the university there is .....(not a statue commemorating a local hero)...but a bank!
(an ATM, a cash machine)...

On the campus there is a private business, a hotel.....obviously for distinguished visitors.

The streets are grotesquely wide----obviously designed for the enormous tanks that people drive locally.

And the buildings----monuments to their own magnificence----are enormous structures that intensify the heat of the sun's rays.

I had to walk twenty minutes in the blazing sun from one side of campus to the other----from "public parking", for-pay parking (kapitalisticke svinstvo!), even though the place was empty.

Then in the basement of the parking structure was a waiting area for the local public buses.....with vending machines selling crap food-by-product (kapitalisticke svinstvo)........and a banner proclaiming that this bus service was the best public transport in the nation!  ---A bare-faced lie.  What utter nonsense.  Or, if it's true, I can only say: what a miserable country!  (kapitalisticke svinstvo!)

Yes, the librarian was helpful.  I almost got what I needed.  Oh yes, why can't I access it from my home?  Isn't this a public library?  Why must I make a trip (twenty-six miles round trip, contributing to global warming, and then forty minutes round-trip by foot in the blazing merciless sun!)----because the capitalist pigs that own the publishing houses want to restrict access..

You see if I were part of the money-making-chain---- the chain which creates more profits for the already profit-gorged ruling class, if I were a worker (student or faculty member) I would be contributing to the profits of the corporation (the so-called "University"), but since I am not
a worker, but merely a citizen, merely a member of the community, I am at a disadvantage.

However, I paid for my sins by paying to park, thereby contributing something real (cash) to the corporation, oh I mean "university"......

The logic is clear.   A citizen is not a first-class human being in the eyes of the company called "UTEP"....  Well, no, that's not  quite right.  The companies in question are the ones that publish articles written by people who are employed by entities such as UTEP, and they have decided that I should have restricted access.....  but do I think that UTEP is any less a corporation, a sort of tyrannical machine which is designed to generate profits?  Well, there must be a few people resistant to the trend, but I haven't met any lately. Nor did I see them on the blazingly hot, wide empty thoroughfares of the educational corporation.......When the sun is so bright, you cannot really see anything......What a horrible place!

kapitalisticke svinstvo.....


No comments:

Post a Comment