Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Rip off the Consumer: American Style

Today I needed to buy a thick rubber band to stretch my feet.
The old one had broken.
The old one was purchased at a store in the center of Bratislava for two or three dollars.
It was packaged in a plastic bag with a small paper insert telling me what it was.
In Bratislava, capital of Slovakia, I could purchase exactly what I wanted!
In the United States, I cannot buy exactly what I wanted.

Due to the devil called "marketing" I was forced to buy more than I need or want.

Thanks to WAL MART and GOLD'S GYM I was forced to purchase things I don't need
and contribute to environmental degradation through the excessive and needless use of resources.

Excessive packaging: On top of the simple plastic bag my Bratislava version band had
been packaged in, there was a box, and a useless booklet.

Moreover, I want nothing to do with "Gold's Gym". They are nothing to me. I certainly don't need to see their name on a box to know that something is worth buying. What a bullshit idea that is!

I don't need to buy something endorsed by them. No thank you.

And I only wanted one band of maxim firmness. I don't need to "work up to" the strongest level.

So to Wal Mart and Gold's Gym I say: Get Lost! Go Jump in a Lake! You are both assholes and irresponsible assholes.

Note well: In Eastern Europe I had the FREEDOM to choose to purchase exactly one band of the desired firmness, and I saved a good 7 or so dollars!

Courtesy of Wal Mart and Gold's Gym I was essentially extorted of that money. I paid THREE TIMES what I needed to pay, in order to buy something I didn't need!

Oh yes, both rubber bands (the one I purchased in Slovakia and the one I purchased in the USA along with two others I didn't want or need) were manufactured in China---so who is kidding who?

Now more than ever, I must borrow from the Indian communists to say:
F*CK Capitalism!


No comments:

Post a Comment