Thursday, June 9, 2011

nie su sympaticki...

the Cold American....

My Slovak friends told me, "if someone asks you 'how are you?' here in Slovakia, they mean it....not like you Americans...."

Well, today I felt the truth of those words, as my honest answer to the question got me
a breathtakingly cold response.

I wouldn't mind it so much if the capitalist mentality were not increasingly visible to me. It is a part of the thread which binds and disconnects people. Invisible to them, but painfully visible to me.


Is a choreographer a "supervisor"? I think not, not at all, and it is a deep confusion to so carelessly use such a word.

Supervision belongs to factories and assembly and other equally heartless capitalist institutions.

The supervisor examines the product of the worker's labor, makes sure it will bring the factory owner/capitalist his profit...

An artist is an independent creative agent---even an artist who is part of a group---and does not needs someone checking up on his/her product....The activity is collaborative..

But in the United States it seems that the capitalist illness is so deep that ordinary people cannot avoid thinking in terms of hierarchy and are in a constant and unconscious flight from freedom....

No comments:

Post a Comment