Wednesday, February 4, 2015

toward a broader perspective

Having difficulties with my accommodation and those who provide it,
it is helpful to recall that:
I started the academic year signing a rent contract contract which specified that rent was due on the same day as (according to my employment contract) my pay was issued.  But, then, in the course of the year, the authorities decided to change the date when pay was issued. (Which I suppose means they violated the contract.) It was moved to be a couple days later than originally specified.  So, rent and pay were no longer in harmony.

Yet, the lady who receives my pay did one day remark, as if it were a strange and bizarre curiosity, that I typically don't pay her on the day that the rent is due.  That is, I don't pay on the due day since the time when I am paid later.

All the more bizarre is the fact that I actually rent an accommodation from my employer.......

Of course the change in pay date was unnegotiated and not discussed.  So, that tells you something....

No comments:

Post a Comment