Wednesday, February 4, 2015

fighting for survival

I had gotten myself settled down to read some philosophy.
But I've just learned that the Authorities at University Housing
will not allow me to register my accommodation as the mailing
address for a Business License.
To teach English (and thereby to make extra money to supplement my
now diminished University pay) I have to have a Business License.
The denial was off putting as it came with no explanation,
and the suggestion that some higher power prevented the
person from granting my request.
I have tried to explain that my ability to eat depends upon this.
I am afraid I am upset.
There was no explanation or reason offered, only the rather hollow
suggestion that they couldn't do anything about this......as if they deserved
my sympathy....

No comments:

Post a Comment