Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The latest in the series..............







A Poem for The Parasites To Whom I am not Grateful

From the series: Poems for My Mother


They drain the life out of us,
and they want us to be grateful.

Look! We made computers just for you!
And the Ipad and the Iphone!
Wow!
I'm sure they're even working on  a Me-Toilet!
I can hardly wait.

We want something to eat,
a decent place to live,
friendship, family,
a little amusement,
but work too,
--something that lets us say,
at the end of the day,
that the day was not wasted.

Their conveniences just get in the way,
and ride on our backs for free,
--Or,
no, that's not right,
We pay for Them,
and They get all the loot,
and all their conveniences are only a higher form of inconvenience.

Holy Moley!
How dare I complain!
Aren't I ungrateful!
--If you play the game right,
you may even get,
a free trip to Jersey City.

10 February 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment