Thursday, March 3, 2011

what kind of country is this?

via Brian Leiter's blog ("The Leiter Reports") I came across the following


("My life as a communist", by Bill McKibben, Tuesday, March 1, 2011, Washington Post)

I draw the conclusion that Glenn Beck has absolutely no respect for the truth.

As I'd already come to believe that GB is willing to incite people to violent acts directed at individuals who, it seems, have in some way offended the sensibilities of GB, and
that those sensibilities have little to do with reality...

I found myself wondering:

What kind of country is this?
What kind of country is it that becomes apoplectic at the sight of a naked breast
or any other piece of human anatomy connected to reproduction or waste excretion....

And considers the mention or sight of such things as "obscene" and --to judge by
the reaction---dreadful, shocking, titillating!

What sort of country is this?
My answer: a very, very sick one.....

No comments:

Post a Comment