Friday, March 27, 2015

the situation in Czechoslovakia 2015

Life here becomes increasingly frustrating.
How can I say that there's been no progress here since 1996?
That's what I think.
Telephones and pads, computers--none of that is progress.
Minds are becoming filled with garbage, and even the dreams that students have seem to be becoming increasingly circumscribed and hollow.
And I am not allowed to comment or mention these facts.
It would be considered rude.
So, please allow me to repeat what I've said before.  There is a basic problem here (and I don't say it isn't in the USA; it is.) which Kafka already described.  It pre-dates Communism.
So, if I say there's been no progress since 1989, I am not making a remark that is especially about Communism.
Unfortunately, since I hail from the cruel empire of the USA, I can't say that without being misunderstood.  So, now, please allow me to cancel the misunderstanding:  I am not claiming that the USA is in any way superior.  The USA is a mess.  Nonetheless, I see no substantial progress in this region since 1996.

No comments:

Post a Comment