Sunday, April 5, 2015

No Democracy Now

The police come onto the train. Maybe six.  I didn't count.  They actually don't speak.  I get out my passport.  I've seen it before.  No words are spoken.
I also make the mistake of getting out my Residence Permit.  What a mistake.
If I had only showed the passport, it would have been quicker.
The guy takes out a scrap of paper--again without speaking a word.
Then he goes to the space between the cars, where there's a toilet.  He and his chums consult. He phones someone up.
After a time, he comes back.
Did he say anything?  I don't recall.
I complained vociferously to my neighbor.  He probably heard me, and didn't like it.
He didn't seem angry, so much as uncomfortable.
Good.
He should think about what he's doing.
Interfering with people for no reason.  Just in case he might find something.
Is it legal?  Then the laws are bad.
Freedom?  No, it's not.  It's interference.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment