Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Crimes unpunished, crimes unrecognized?

Is it a crime at all?
Around 13 January I returned to the Czech Republic.
Give-or-take a week-and-a-half after that, I sent a letter to my mother.
Today is the 3rd of March.
I continued to write her once a week.
She has, so far, received not one letter.  And, realizing this, I stopped writing her two weeks ago.

It's been about six weeks since the first letter was mailed.  

What does this mean?

During that time my mother has mailed me one letter.  I received it, and it took about a week to arrive.

Has a nationalist American decided that the Czech Republic is home to crazy Muslims?
Has a Czech person started collecting my letters.

Letters with photos and poems.  Intimate things.

I realize now that when I sit down to write, I approach things differently.  My state of mind is very different than when I communicate with my mother via Skype.

And that more intimate form of communication and expression has now been stolen from me.
And, no, the Internet cannot in any way make up for that......

No comments:

Post a Comment