Wednesday, December 25, 2013

trite axioms of thought

"What you can't imagine, you won't imagine..........."

Yesterday, the perfectly good care-giver for my elderly parents did the grocery shopping.
I was encouraged by my mother to stay home because there are so many drunks and bad drivers on the road, and, tired from lack of sleep, I did so.

Today, I may yet have to go out, on an official holiday, to impose upon people who are forced to a labor during an official holiday, to buy items not on the CG's list.

Does the word "holiday" mean anything any more?

In effect, the CG was not just shopping for my parents, but for me as well; but she's got no idea of my eating habits.

Is it petty of me to complain? She endures the penalty meted out to care-givers:  poor pay, insecurity, and a lack of respect.  Indeed, the prettiest point of such jobs is that employees are simultaneously expected to follow orders and not complain, but also expected to exercise creativity and independent thought in order to prevent the management from experiencing any discomfort.

The need to accumulate capital always wages war with the attempt to be human.

No comments:

Post a Comment