Saturday, August 3, 2013

a poem

Note for readers:  Poetry--even if it is bad poetry--- is not prose.  Poetry is not hard fact.  It may use argument as a conceit, but it is not philosophy, least of all the "professional" kind....  Poetry can be lying, but not the way prose is.  So, don't jump to conclusions if you dare to read what I am about to post below.....you cannot make any simple inferences from what I write to who I am, what I think, or what I will do next.


So capitalism is having another crisis?
Thank you very much for telling me!
 

My sweat seems to have been converted on my body
into lively fungi and molds,
or something else living,
detectible by the nose,
but invisible and silent,
something whose name I do not know...

just as much as,
what were once unspoken dreams and hopes,
have rotted away,
and today lay stinking to high heaven beside the decaying corpse of capitalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment