Thursday, August 2, 2012

Visiting Nurses are Bossy and Irritating,and Medicare is inadequate and insulting


Thoughts after a visit by a nurse (nurse supervisor?)....two hours wasted...

And it occurs to me that;

In EPTX, every day is unpleasant in every possible way.....

Three years of my life wasted----with only the most stingy assistance in caring for my elderly parents....

What I have learned today is:  Criticism not allowed----If you try to complain, the nurse calls her supervisor to complain about you.....In this country, fear of free speech and democracy exists at the most fundamental level.

"I am only doing my job".-----in the USA, this is the most popular excuse to avoid thinking or hearing what another person is saying.

I understand that people genuinely fear losing their jobs.  However, whenever someone says that, they stop listening.  And, to that extent, become less free, and less human.....

But that is what I have learned to expect in this country.

(Contrariwise: How would deal with complaints from a student when I am the teacher?-----towards putting the shoe on the other foot....---I would try to answer, to explain why I was doing whatever I was doing (insofar as I was able)--- not by calling a supervisor......

But, then again, when I was a teacher I had more autonomy than do employees within the Medicare system.  Medicare has its own rules which dictate and require certain idiotic behavior----e.g., the idiotic anti-social advice that YOU should be ready for a disaster.....


The whole business of so-called "Re-Certification" is an irritating and insulting bureaucratic insult.


(and the nurses say:  don't blame us! Medicare makes us do it.----And I say, I do blame you when you refuse to even listen or understand what I am saying.....That is to disrespect me!)


They give us so-called practical advice....
As if we were not adults or as if we were idiots.....


(Re-certification is INSULTING!  And if Medicare requires it, then Medicare is INSULTING!)


(Can someone tell my why it is even necessary?  ----And necessary exactly so often?  Have I even been given a chance to ask??????)

As if the implication is that WE are not going to help you, so don't expect US to help....

And various other idiotic questions which allows a person afraid of losing their job earlier
to be self-assertive and bossy now with superfluous and condescending advice.......

(And every nurse is full of superfluous and condescending advice----sometimes, even advice
based upon ignorance not knowledge----as in you can find out on TV....i.e., you can find out
by using one of the worst possible sources of information....)

I can end this post in no better way than paraphrasing my mother:  Every nurse wants to be bossy.  (And I add: to justify her existence......)  ((And, so far, it has always been "her"....))))

file this under:  The inadequacy of care for the elderly in the USA....

Footnote:

It is frequently said that Medicare has less bureaucracy than private medical insurance.  In that case, private medical insurance is very very inefficient.

However, Medicare itself has too much bureaucracy and STUPIDITY built into the system.....
as in constantly checking up and repeating the same stupid things!  It is INSULTING.

No comments:

Post a Comment