Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Domhoff link

A couple of days ago, there were problems with a link I posted.
That has now been corrected.

The link was to an article by G. William Domhoff, a sociologist who has documented the existence of a ruling class within the society of the USA.

Though I knew about Domhoff's work previously, I learned of this particular link at Brian Leiter's "Leiter Reports".

Incidentally, Domhoff describes recent research which shows that citizens of the USA do not know how much of the society's wealth is in the hands of a small number of people. Moreover, when asked about the ideal distribution of wealth, citizens describe a society much more egalitarian than the existing society.

(Myself, I am not inclined to hang around waiting for a change, and hoping that I won't get run over by one of the enormous trucks that people in the USA like so much .....I'd rather leave.....but I've been saying that for a couple of years.....and things have not gotten better...not one iota......)

No comments:

Post a Comment