Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Richard D Wolff

I've been thinking about the economist's analysis of the happy-happy-let's-be-optimistic-and-work-hard USA ideology.

He says that a long period of rising wages due to a labor shortage is behind it.

That makes sense.

And all that stopped back in the 1970's.....

My own life has been getting worse for a good long time.

What the fuck is the point of having a Ph.D. when the work you perform does not require you use the skills you've developed? (In my experience, most employers regard anything like a half-way intelligent thought as a threat.)

I can just feel the brain cells dying...... slowly, but surely, since 1996 . . . . so that some day soon my IQ is going to be equivalent to that of a boiled potato.

Oh, yes, I am soooooo happy to be here.......

LINK
Richard D Wolff's homepage:

No comments:

Post a Comment