Sunday, July 17, 2011

disrespect, ugliness, fear

Needing to purchase something not out-of-the-ordinary, I find myself going
to the hated despicable "Wal Mart".

I am disrespected by someone who stares at me from head to foot as I leave,
as if I were a thing, someone who does not even possess the basic sense of civility needed to
speak a polite greeting....but instead intently regards me as a thing, an object of suspicion: Is he a thief?

And, then, again, in the parking lot, wandering in the merciless sun,
looking for my car, I know that my mode of dress is different from the local one,
so I am not completely surprised when a fat mother (everyone is fat in eptx--unless they happen to be "pumped up"......sporting a t- shirt which celebrates killing....)--regards
me with suspicion, maybe even a little frightened....

thus do the citizens of this country live in fear of their fellow creatures,
sadly,
miserably.

gmooh

No comments:

Post a Comment