Wednesday, September 29, 2010

disgusting america

it is disgusting that a book goes out of print and then instead of 20 dollars, it costs
forty or sixty or more....

books are food for thought--and I don't mean junk food...

books are not mere things to be made into objects of speculation (nor is food, but that's another story....) not mere commodities to be traded.....

I see no cause for optimism on any level...

libraries? no good ones are easily accessible for me where I am currently located. Nor will a decent library be conveniently located any time soon.... even if I manage to escape from this poisoned pimple they call "El Paso"....

I find it increasingly difficult to maintain any level of intellectual integrity.....perhaps it's not even worth trying.....

No comments:

Post a Comment