Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Your Homework

NO, no, no...
Sorry,
I just don't get it!
This American home ownership thing.
This American car ownership thing.

No thank you!
I want no part of it!
A home means time wasted doing repairs, and buying shit.
No thank you.
That's not for me. I have better things to do with my time.
And I would rather not use my leisure time to contribute to
the wealth of the already wealthy by buying shit.

Your homework, Mr. and Ms. America, is to read Eric Fromm's
"Escape from Freedom."
Fromm will tell you how unhappy you are, and how you cannot get
happiness through your possessions.
You are making a big mistake Mr. and Ms. America.

And when you finished that reading assignment, you can start to read something
legitimate about global warming....

Homework questions to be posted in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment