Wednesday, August 5, 2009

the stupidity and inhumanity of AT and T

today I got internet service through the company AT&T

In order to get this service I had to pay in advance, and endure numerous
phone calls where I was forced to listen to a computer generated voice with
an obnoxious sickeningly sweet tone of voice...

I also had to endure the idea that every conversation I had with an actual
living person was being recorded...

a violation of their and my rights...

and every one who spoke with me had to worry that they were being overheard...

and I don't like being asked to assess every one i talk to...

I do not like to perform their task of monitoring their employees.

It puts too much pressure on the employees.

Last of all, to get my service today,I had to endure numerous
idiotic questions in order to set up the account.
Ihave no childhood heroes.  and I have no hobbies.  What I do, I do
seriously.  And my childhood resists descriptions by such cliches
as 'childhood heroes".  When I am forced to employ such cliched 
mindless language, and to actually use it to describe my own life,
my personality is being robbed from me.

This is a perfect example of how capitalist corporations destroy
creativity and encourage uniformity and stupidity. 

All in all, it has been a thoroughly unpleasant experience.

An illustration of Chomsky's remark that corporations are nothing
more than
PRIVATE  TYRANNIES

No comments:

Post a Comment