Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Arrogance of Privileged Classes in USA Society

The arrogance of the Privileged in USA capitalism; chapter 2043:  Doctors


Recently an arrogant doctor kept my mother, my father, and myself waiting for two hours.
We arrived on time for our appointment.  And, that, in itself required a lot of effort.  I've got to arrange two walkers in the ungenerous space of my parents' car, and I've got to help my father arrange himself into the not overly generous space of the front seat, after helping him get dressed, etc.

Now, we've often had to wait at this particular doctor's office.  So, my mother became annoyed and expressed her anger to a woman who happens to be this particular man's wife.

The woman's response was to SHAME my mother!  To speak to her as if she were a child, telling her that she should not feel anger.


Well, excuse me!  ***!!##!!  If someone keeps three people waiting for TWO HOURS, and makes no excuse, no apology, that is a reason to be angry.

And, it is insulting to be told otherwise.

Now, the fact is that I suspect that Herr Doktor has the manana-syndrome.  Being born in Mexico, he prefers a certain way of dealing with time.  However, even to say he "prefers" it would be to credit him with more self-consciousness than is accurate.

Let me say that I can't deny there is a certain attractiveness to the thought that punching a time clock and being always a hurry is not the only way to be.

However, waiting in a doctor's office (even one, thankfully, without a TV) is not a pleasant activity.  It tends to slow down the motion of the grey matter.  It makes one sleepy and lethargic.  It is like taking a tranquilizer.   And, then the rapid change to a situation of tension and difficulty ---which is what happens every time we meet with this doctor----is stressful.

So, yes, I am angry.  I think this doctor and his wife enjoy undeserved privileges  They are no better than kings, queens, and factory owners as depicted in Darwin.  Of course, this particular doctor wants to shroud it all in his generosity----his imaginary generosity, as he lets his patients say any nonsense that pops into their heads.......

No, when I leave EPTX, I will not think fondly of this man or his wife.  Nor shall I utter a good word about the USA system of medical non-care......

No comments:

Post a Comment