Thursday, January 27, 2011

THE USA's WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU/R HEALTH SYSTEM

Oh cursed be the USA's WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU/R HEALTH system

my father is an invalid
my mother nearly
and thanks to a lifetime of hard work
and a lifetime of believing in their country
their reward is
three hours of help per week
two hours for bathing
one for a nurse to say BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA
meaningless general advice
and empty cheerful smiles

doctors no better
they tell us the facts
usually very general

but do not acknowledge
and seem not to know what it means
to take care of a very sick person day and night
let alone two very weak and elderly people
day and night

I suffer alone
but not in silence

damn them all

I wish I had Dante's creative powers
to describe a suitable punishment

but no
I think of the lady who bathes my father:
she is poorly paid for her genuine contribution,
---no, she is not to blame

who then?
no person?
a system?

a damnable system
only a knave or a fool would defend it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment