Wednesday, November 24, 2010

a military town

Some earlier posts need to be cleaned up. I hope to get to that in the next couple of days.

I am afraid that I just had a very unpleasant experience here in El Paso, Texas. I don't think I can write about the details just now.... but it might be relevant to remind our readers that El Paso is a town with a high percentage of soldiers and ex-soldiers.

I just had a very unpleasant interchange (it can't even be called a conversation) with one
ex-soldier. It involved the police--really. Apparently my recitation of some litle known facts of history put me under suspicion....

I will only comment on one facet of the interchange now.

I heard the following, "I defended this country for twenty years."
I regret that I wasn't cool-headed to ask for the details.
I mean the United States has not fought a defensive war since World War Two
and the man who said those words was too young to be a WWII vet....


But, as I said, I wasn't cool-headed enough to make this obvious point.

No comments:

Post a Comment